Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Where did it all go wrong........

We had a great weekend. Friday we went to a friend's house for a Bible Study. Saturday we had friend's over for dinner and had an awesome visit. Sunday after church while the boy's were napping Jasmine and I went to one of my friend's house for a jewelry show. Then it happened....

'Mommy, I think I need to throw-up'

Oh, no. So I grab her hand and we run to the bathroom--false alarm. Whew. Next time she says it w/ a little more urgency and takes off running w/o me. Sure enough AND she made it to the bathroom (on another note: I am VERY excited she recognized and made it to the bathroom by herself this time as opposed to letting the chips fall where they may, so to speak). This happened a few more times, poor thing just couldn't keep anything down.

So I take off Monday and take her to the Doctor. Nothing major and she is feeling MUCH better. After we leave the Dr.s office she says 'Mom, Dr. Johnson is great. He is so good, and handsome'. OH MY!

We met Gramma for lunch w/ her lunch bunch and take care of a few more errands while we are out. Once we got home I start feeling a little weak myself. Then Joe comes home sounding terrible and goes straight to bed. Needless to say, the last couple of days have not been fun. Only now Momma and Daddy are the one's not feeling so well and the kid's are fine and dandy and ready to GO!!

Please tell me what we are to do when neither Joe nor I have enough energy between the two of us to tame these wild beasts. Finally I locked both the kid's in Jasmine's room with me and had them watch movies while I slept on her bed--just to ensure they weren't terrorizing the WHOLE house. Let me tell ya, 8pm couldn't come fast enough. The timer went off and I put Cash to bed and told Jasmine she had 30 minutes. 8:30pm I took a good dose of NyQuil and passed out.

I am feeling much better today, but Joe hasn't quite kicked it yet. I tell ya, I believe the sauna at my gym is a miracle worker. I sat in it for 20 minutes Tues & Wed and just sweated all the bad stuff out of my system....good riddance!

1 comments:

Rick Taylor said...

Happy to hear you are all well again.
Concerning Joe's brothers wedding, I should never have gotten on the plane. I was in the emergency room in branson the next day. Judy and mom say Cash looks like me at that age. I might send you pics. Hope all is fine. I sometimes miss Big D. Monsoon begins next week and it will have more Lightening strikes here than any city in the USA.
Uncle Rick

 
design by suckmylolly.com