Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Miss Independent

The last two mornings have been met with Miss Jasmine wanting to make decisions on her own. I get her up to get ready for school, put her clothes on, brush her teeth....then we get to the shoes. Both mornings she has refused to wear what I had chosen and insisted on picking some out herself. I realize I need to choose my battles wisely and if her shoes don't match her outfit they will not be sending her home from school. And apparently matching is just not that important to her--oh well, doesn't mean I won't stop trying.

Here is a sample of her coordination skills.........

Luckily, this was just an outfit she threw on after getting a little muddy outside. If we were to be going somewhere I believe I would have had to intervene.

Oh, did I mention Sunday she wanted to wear her pink, purple & white striped scarf tied around her waist to church over her pretty yellow floral dress. That was definitely a fashion statement.

Coincidentally, Cash's new favorite phrase is 'No, mama, I do it myself'. They sure grow up fast.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com