Monday, June 25, 2007

Put a Fork In Me....I'm Done!

I think I need a day off to re-coup from the whirlwind weekend we just experienced.

All started Friday, I dropped Jasmine off to spend another day of Adventures with Aunt Linda.



They had scheduled to ride ponies Friday, but due to weather they had to opt for indoor activities. They had LOTS of fun and when I went to pick her up this is what I witnessed...



After getting Jasmine we ran to get Cash and stopped by the house long enough for me to make a pan of cornbread I needed for later. As soon as the cornbread timer went off we shot out the door to meet the troops at Chuck E. Cheese's for a couple hours of fun. As soon as we got there Jasmine asked for cotton candy. I told her we would get some on the way out. Next thing I knew she was introducing me to a new friend (who happened to have a big bag of pink cotton candy---coincidence, I think not!). Jasmine followed her around for a while *guess she got her fill of cotton candy*.

Here is a picture of Jasmine and her 'Friend' (she looks completely innocent, doesn't she??)


After Chuck E. Cheese's we went home and I cooked a couple dishes for Saturday's family reunion, which kept me up way past my bedtime. The kids were apparently worn out too because I had to wake them up at 8:30a so we could be out the door by 9a (why doesn't that happen on mornings I have nothing scheduled so I can sleep late too??). We had a great reunion w/ about 70 in attendance. The kids had lots of fun running running running. We put on a little skit w/ lots of colorful characters, as you can see below.



Jasmine was playing shy, but Cash was front and center on the stage. After the skit Cash refused to take his costume off and spent the rest of the day as Superman. At one point I heard Joe call his name and he responded, 'I not Cash, I Superman!' **with his hands on his hips and legs spread apart**...too funny!



I just had to post this picture of Cash and Tyler swinging at the reunion. Does this look comfortable to anyone?? **Notice the bodies up top and the legs out the holes don't quite match up**




After the reunion we ran home long enough to drop off left over food and Joe. Started a pot of pinto beans and were back on the road again. This time we went to Vanessa's dance recital. She did a GREAT job!





**OH, did I mention between the family reunion and the dance recital I acquired an extra child for the night. Jasmine had her friend Bethany spend the night.**

FINALLY--we get home around 10:30pm, but oh no, that is not all she wrote. I then proceeded to make cupcakes and refried beans for Sunday's activities.

Sunday we went to Mom's church to witness Vanessa being baptised. Which was very awesome!! After church we all went to Mom's for a big fajita lunch. Once home I tried to watch a movie w/ the kid's, but quickly fell asleep. They took that opportunity to make a huge mess of the living room, which I did not have the energy to straighten up before going to bed. So guess what I'm doing tonight.....

Here are some other cute pictures of my stinkers from the weekend




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure enjoyed all the new pictures!!! What a bunch of cuties I have for great grand children--------Grandchildren arent' bad either!!! Love you

Phat Girl said...

WOW! You need a mini-vacation from your wild busy weekend! GREAT Pics!

 
design by suckmylolly.com