Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We Just Keep on Truckin'

Another jam packed weekend for our house. By Sunday evening, we were all ti-red!

After when I picked the kids up we went to the new water area I mentioned last week. The whole park is not completed yet (meaning a partial playground and no bathrooms...yikes), but we had fun with what was there.

Saturday I was up at the crack of dawn and went grocery shopping (since the rest of our weekend was spoken for). After I returned and finished putting up groceries...and baking a cake for our evening commitment...we hit the road.


First stop was a birthday party for my nephew Luke.


Wait -- back-up -- on the way to the party Jasmine called her cousin/best friend Kaja who has moved to California. They are so cute when they get on the phone...I just had to snap a picture.
OK -- back to the party.

WOW, what a place...go-karts, bumper boats, arcade, laser tag, miniature golf and best of all (according to Cash) Spiderman!!

Cash was like a stalker when Spiderman was walking around. That was all he could focus on, didn't want to have anything to do with games or rides...here are just a few shots





Once Spiderman finally went away, we were able to get down to business.

First was game time, each kid got a cup full of tokens.


After games was pizza, cake and presents...blah blah blah

Then to the good stuff....well miniature golf anyways...which my kid's bored with real quick

Now, we get really get to the good stuff....GO KARTS!! We had so much fun!!

Jasmine rode with me and Cash rode with Grandpa John...Yeehaw!


After go-karts was bumper boats, which was quite refreshing in the heat.
We all walked away good and WET!

This adventure took a little longer than I anticipated and we had thirty minutes from the time we got home until we needed to be out the door. During this time I assembled the cake I had baked in the morning.


**tip--if you live in Texas--when you frost your cake with Cool Whip, it is liable to melt on the way to where you are going -- even if your commute is only 15 minutes :(

Oh well, cake was still yummy. After baking you poke holes in the cakes and pour Jell-O over them then put them in the fridge for three hours so it can Jell. I also put a layer of strawberries in between the two layers.

We spent the evening with our small group from Sunday School and had a great time.

Sunday after Church one of the couples asked if we wanted to meet them at the water park after lunch, but I just wasn't up to it. A girl has gotta rest sometimes!! After a lunch of grilled cheese and tomato soup, I totally vegged out....at least for a few hours. That evening we had Orientation for Jasmine's Church day-camp she will be going to the end of June.

That's it, that's all she wrote....I was completely pooped and went straight to bed when we got home. Until I saw lights driving down our driveway....only they didn't stop at the house, they kept going out into our pasture. I woke Joe up and we both ran outside...turns out one of the neighbors horses had busted loose and thought our grass had more to offer than his. So our neighbor is driving his truck around in the back 40 trying to chase the horse down with only his headlights as guidance. Joe and I went back into the house and watched out the back window with amusement for awhile, then headed off to bed.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was quite a weekend you had there!!! What fun times. Keep up the good work????ha! Love GRAM

 
design by suckmylolly.com