Friday, June 06, 2008

Fun at the Library

Is anyone else constantly in search of something 'fun' for their kids to do. My kids get up in the morning and ask 'Where are we going today?' or 'What are going to do?' . With this being the first week of summer I tried to think of something to do when I picked the kids up. Jasmine love love loved going to the library each week at school, I decided to try out our tiny local library. So I pick up the kids and we head 'downtown'. When I get to the Library, the sign says Museum -- what the heck?? I see a girl on the street and asked her about it, she informs me it has moved to the old Church (just a few blocks away). We drive the few blocks to the NEW and improved Library...very excited. Even better, when we get there they ask if are there to sign up for the summer reading program...of course we are!! In the next building we fill out entries and they have hot dogs, chips, cookies, face painting and balloon artists....this was a major score (excuse me while I pat myself on the back for deciding to go Thursday instead of Wednesday).
OK, I'm back

After the kids ate and got their goodies we headed back to the Library to pick out books. The new place has a great kids area. And with the reading program, for every 10 books they read (or I read to them) they earn prizes. We are very excited about this, especially since we read anywhere from 2-5 books before bed each night....lots of prizes. Jasmine saw lots of kids she knew from school and church and had to go say hi and give hugs to every single one of them. Cash even found a friend from his daycare. They had a GREAT time and can't wait to go back. And I'm just excited I found another FREE place to take the kids.

BTW - Did I mention our small town got one of the FREE water areas in the downtown park?? Me might go there tonight...
Here are some pictures of the Library outing...


Jasmine has a sucker

Cash has a Superman emblem




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are one of the most amazing persons I know. I'm so proud to be your grandmother. Sure enjoyed the new additions love GRAM

 
design by suckmylolly.com