Monday, June 16, 2008

Is It Monday Already?

Our weekend was full, but relaxing at the same time. I was able to read quite a bit between activites, which is something I love to do. Joe can watch movies all day long, (and on some days I can too) but I prefer sitting in a comfy chair with my legs up reading a book....or on our porch, I love to sit on the porch and read...and sometimes I even lay on the trampoline (when the kid's aren't on it, of course)...anyways, I think you get the point. I was able to read quite a bit this weekend and that was COOL!
We also had other stuff going on...


Friday on my way home from work I picked up a friend of Jasmine's for a sleepover. They played dress up and watched movies and played Barbie's and pretty much had a wonderful time...

We also made cupcakes.
Funny-every time we have someone over for a sleepover they ask when we are going to bake and what are we making. It is just a given. I often wonder if they think it is something we do every night.
**doesn't everyone's mixer come with three beaters?**
NO?? That's OK, just dip one of the other attachments into the batter so everyone has one to lick!!

Don't forget the sprinkles, must always have sprinkles!!

Saturday we had planned on going to the real water park, but it rained really hard in the morning. Finally, the sun came out so we went to the local park for the kid's to play in the water later that afternoon.


On the way home from the park we stopped for super yummy snow cones, picked Joe up and headed to our friends house.

Thanks to hand me downs Jasmine had this outfit in two sizes and gave her friend the smaller one. I thought they looked ADORABLE!!

Our friends made the most yummy kabobs on the grill -- with beef, chicken, shrimp, mushrooms, onions, peppers and pineapple -- I ate way too much!!

They also have the video game ROCK BAND

Sunday after church we went to lunch at Gram's where I made a new recipe that ROCKED!!

Sopapilla Cheesecake -- so good and easy.


And that evening for Father's Day we made steaks and barbecue grilled asparagus on the grill.

Another one of my favorites.

Today Jasmine started a new summer program and I am anxious to pick her up to see how she likes it. They have fun activities planned throughout the summer and she is very excited.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com