Monday, April 21, 2008

So How Was Your Weekend....

So Saturday I was offered OT at work, which is VERY unusual and I jumped at the chance. I got up at the crack of dawn and drove downtown so I could get it over with and back home to the fam (which is where I should be on the weekend). Well, while I was slaving away at work Joe packed a lunch & took the kids to a park. While at the park they went on a nature hike along the path and played on the equipment (of course). After the park they were headed to the $1 movie and passed a Dairy Queen and sense they had some time to kill guess where they stopped. So with a belly full of ice cream he took them to the $1 movie and then they headed home. They got home less than a minute before I pulled up the drive and this is what I saw....



Good Job Daddy -- they were good and tired.
Saturday we had great weather, so after getting home I put on some shorts, grabbed my headphones and a bottle of water and jumped on the riding mower while Joe did the weed eating. I know I mentioned it last year, but I just LOVE riding the mower. Seriously, I'm in my own world out there. I have a chance to reflect on what is going on in our lives and the many blessings we have to be thankful for. I have my praise music going -- good thing the mower is loud enough to drown me out cause I'm singing at the top of my lungs -- anyhooser's you get my point, I dig it! As I was finishing up Joe started grilling some burgers outside, so by the time I showered and such dinner was ready...which was awesome.
Sunday after church we grabbed a quick lunch at Subway (super yummy) and then headed to our Nursing Home Ministry. Joe played an African Conga drum w/ some of the other's in our Sunday School while Jasmine danced.
She was really getting after, here is an action shot.


The Nursing Home Ministry is once a month and this is the third time the kids have attended. Jasmine truly shines when we go. She is so loving and gentle with the people and makes sure to give them hugs. She even knows a couple by name and looks for them each time we go. Cash is not quite as outgoing as Jasmine and was continually asking if we could go to Blockbuster. Towards the end of the hour I told him they were playing their last song and when they were finished he said loudly, 'Are they done now!' (in the 'can we go yet' tone). A couple of the musicians got a kick out of that.

Last night was our last AWANA club which consisted of an Ice Cream Party -- complete with sprinkles, chocolate syrup, caramel and whipped topping -- YUM! Next week is the awards ceremony, that should be interesting.




4 comments:

Ladyornot.com said...

It sounds like you all had a great weekend!

Steffie B. said...

sounds like a fun weekend.....the car pictures are too funny. ;)

Heather said...

Wow, do you loan Joe out ever? I could use him sometime!!!!! Love your layout, how did you do it?

Love,
H

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE JUST A "SUPER MOM" AND I AM SO THANKFUL YOU ARE MY GRANDDAUGHTER!!!!! THOSE CAR PICTURES ARE REALLY A BLAST. LOVE YOU GRAM

 
design by suckmylolly.com