Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Catching Up

Okay, now that I have filed for my Tax extension let me get some blogging out of the way (and believe me, if it were up to me a Return would have been filed instead of an extension. Unfortunately one of the company's Joe worked for last year has the dual partners feuding in court and we don't have his 'official' W-2 from them, just estimates of his income and such--very frustrating!).

We had a busy but fun weekend. Friday after I left work I went straight to Wal*Mart and I think set a new record for grocery shopping. My feet were aching, but I was a price-matching & coupon shopping queen--lots of good sales last week! Joe played a gig with the Irish group he plays with so I was able to turn up the music and clean the house, which I find very relaxing.

Saturday morning we were up and at 'em early. We set on the road a little after 8a, stopped for donuts, then pulled into the oil change place. The kids were all comfy cosy in the back of the van watching a movie and munching on donuts...so the oil guys let me stay in the car with them while they worked. So much easier than taking them in (and seemed to be faster, they were done in no time!). After the oil change we were on our way to Grampa Kotter's. We had a really great visit...and here are some pics to prove it.


Cash found a Storm Trooper costume, which he donned for the entire day

**have I mentioned before he likes dressing up as much as Jas**



And for the pictures below, Jasmine found my camera and took approximately 20 pictures
(I think the only reason she stopped was due to the batteries dying)








Sunday I was up early again to make spaghetti for potluck/baby shower after church. We had a great turnout, but Joe was feeling a bit under the weather so I had my hands full with both kids and helping set-up the potluck, cutting cakes, getting mom-to-be presents to open, clean-up. It was definitely an experience. We finally left the church around 2p, only to be headed back around 4p for an appreciation dinner for AWANA volunteers. They catered a full barbecue meal that was fabulous and Jasmine enjoyed a pizza party. (And you know Joe must have been feeling down to miss out on barbecue!).

**Funny story--When picking Jasmine up from her pizza party she was telling me one of the 2nd graders was being mean to her. Well, the other girl's mom happened to be picking her up at the same time. Jasmine looked over and said 'Oh, there she is. Let me go tell her mother how she was acting.' So I tell her to hold up and to let it go, blah blah blah. Well wouldn't you know it, they are walking EVERYWHERE we go after that. Jasmine tried a couple more times to make her way over there but I was always able to play interference. Well, the girl happened to look over at Jasmine at one point and she said 'I think we need to try to be friend's from now on. OK? So, let's just be nice to each other.' The other girl just had big eyes and kind of nodded and quickly turned around.**

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com