Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Got Prayer?

My house will be called a house of prayer.
Matthew 21:13

I finished up a study today on prayer called WHEN GOD'S PEOPLE PRAY. And the Lord has led me to post a message on my blog today on such.

It was really a great study. I have 'prayed' to God for as long as I can remember. Although there was a period where it was mostly selfish prayer all about what I wanted and felt. A couple of years ago when we got back into the church and I earnestly started seeking God I started a prayer journal. I have made many entries throughout the years--some periods I have made more entries than others--but prayer has definitely been a big part of my life for these years.

During this study I have been convicted to take it a step farther. I have since joined the Prayer Team at our church and have taken an active role in our ABF in the Prayer field. And I have to tell you, it has blessed me in so so many ways. I even stop by the Prayer Room on Sunday evenings with Jasmine on our way to AWANA's. We have a quiet time and then we pray for our upcoming week and I must say, she is becoming a good little prayer--always thinking of others I have left out.

I would also like to share that a couple weeks ago I was feeling down, d-o-w-n. I knew I had to do something before I started having my own little pity party. At that moment I sent out a text to all of my praying friend's. And just like that--once I turned on that light in my dark place--all my feelings of inadequacy and self-doubt were no longer able to dwell within me (exactly where satan would like them to stay). You see, I knew I had an army of God's faithful servants lifting ME up in prayer..WOW, what a feeling.

So I encourage you to not only pray, but make prayer a major part of your life. You will not be disappointed. The Lord will bless you and the time you spend with Him beyond any expectation you may have.
-
Is any of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
James 4:13 & James 4:16

3 comments:

Heather said...

That is awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

My precious granddaughter---- you have always been a bright spot in my life. I thank God for leading you as you walk with Him every day

Jenny said...

Thanks for sharing this...God is good!

 
design by suckmylolly.com