Friday, February 22, 2008

Tagged...

OK, I’ve been tagged and need to list 7 random things that many of you out in blogland may not know about me. The rules are to list the person who sent this to you and leave a comment on their blog so readers can visit yours. Post the rules on your blog. Share 7 facts about yourself. Tag 7 people at the end of your post, linking their blog. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. When I was 21 me and my best friend moved to St. Catherine’s, Ontario…Canada. We lived there for about four months (or until our money ran out), then moved to Niagara Falls, NY so we could get a job. –See we were both fortunate to get great jobs right out of high school at the Federal Reserve Bank in Dallas and thought finding a job would not be an ordeal. We went straight to FRB in Buffalo and quickly found out the only way to get on there is to wait for someone to retire or die…which was the case with all desirable jobs in the area-- After several days of searching we stopped for lunch at a Denny’s and ended up with a job there purely by the hand of God (seriously people, we were desperate at this point).

2. I grew up attending church, always knew I was a Christian and Jesus died on the cross and all the Bible stories that are taught when you grow up, but I never GOT it. Not until we were unexpectedly pregnant with Cash and there were circumstances with the pregnancy that could be ultimately devastating.. One day at work I was searching possible outcomes and just lost it. I started praying with a passion there at my desk and my life has not been the same since. God answered my cries to Him regarding my pregnancy and Cash was as healthy as they come when born…weighing in at almost 10lbs.

3. I am a very guarded person, don’t trust others easily—think it stems from my parent’s divorce at a young age. I have a lot of friend’s but I am very deliberate about what I share and what I don’t with certain people. Which is why I think I like blogland so much…I only share what I want to? ~~I am working on this one baby steps, right??

4. Wow…7 things…really…I’m already way out of my comfort zone so I’ll make the next few lighter….I love love love musicals…Grease is my all time favorite movie since I was 5 and saw it in the theater. But I also love Grease 2, Hairspray, Chorus Line, Fame, Annie….and now High School Musical and HSM2 (I’m so glad I had a girl so I had an excuse to buy those movies!!). Any time these movies are on, a family dance session is likely to break out in the middle of the living room….and if I don’t start it Cash does!

5. I lost 100lbs with the LapBand surgery. Was banded August 2005. Lost the weight by working out at Curves 3-4 times a week and eating smaller portions and meal replacements with protein shakes and such. I gained a little over the holidays by not sticking to my workout routine, but I’m back on track now and going 3-4 times a week.

6. I love to be in control! ~which is another thing I am working on~ In the past it was easy cause that’s how Joe liked it too, less responsibility for him. But, the last year he has made some life changing decisions –including being baptized…can I get an AMEN!!—and I am desperately trying to step aside and let him take his place as the head of the house as outlined in the Bible. But boy is it tough…

7. Gosh, I thought I was going to lighten up on these, not be so serious…ok here is another fun one…I have never had a massage! I never thought this was an odd thing, but lately when it’s come up people look at me with amazement…I do plan to have one soon though. Joe got me a gift certificate to a salon for my birthday and I have scheduled a couple times and the appointment was canceled for some reason or another…but soon, I promise.

Instead of tagging 7 people, just let me know if you did it so I can find out what makes you tick...

2 comments:

Phat Girl said...

Greatness! Thanks for sharing!
I think we are a lot alike: I am very guarded & LOVE to be in control! My Parents and I always had power struggles when I was a child! :)

kittywhisprer said...

So you're still going to Curves? Then maybe if there's one nearby during the summer get together we can sneak off and workout!

I like blogging mainly because I can't see people's reactions as they read. If they're bored or disapprove of what I'm saying, it's their choice to continue. Makes it easier. I find it harder to carry a conversation in person.

 
design by suckmylolly.com