Friday, February 29, 2008

Horses & Cooking (not to be confused with cooking horses, cause that's just wrong)

Looky looky who was out grazing yesterday…

Jasmine absolutely adores horses…has been asking for one for Christmas since she was 2 (seriously)! I know I know we have the land, believe me I’ve heard that plenty. Problem is I don’t want to clean up horse poop….and I know I would be the one doing it. So until she is older and I feel will take that responsibility seriously, we will just have to love on other people’s horses.

These guys graze next door. They are not always out so when we spotted them yesterday we made the walk to give them some loving. I told Jasmine to go grab one of the bags of apples we had in the fridge and boy did they enjoy them.



Fun tidbit--Cash isn't as fond of the horses as Jasmine. When she brought the bag of apples Cash was more worried about getting his share. So he grabbed an apple for himself and began munching away, paying no attention to the horses. Well, once they got a taste of what we had they wanted more. While Jas and I were preoccupied with one of the other horses, the brown one tried to help himself to Cash's apple. He yelled, 'Momma, he's trying to get my apple.' I told him he needed to move farther away from the fence...and so he did...he also kept his eyes on the horses from then on!

' What choo looking at'



Jasmine is so funny, she names all animals that step foot on our property...

Above we have Rocco and below is Julia and Sophia

**She also names all dogs, cats, birds, rabbits...seriously any animal she sees-she names**


I had to add this one...yesterday was very windy but still nice outside. As soon as we got home Jasmine ran in to get her 'soccer clothes' on. This is what she came out in (don't you just love the boots!).


--So last night I made four (4) lasagnas -- two for a birthday party at work today, one for a potluck we are going to Sunday and one is in the freezer for dinner another night.
--Tonight the kid's and I are making a cake for Joe for his birthday and a bunch of cookie's for a fundraiser for our Sunday School's Mission trip to Mexico (we were not able to go this year since Joe just started a new job, but next year...we are going for sure).

--Tomorrow I will be making pigs in a blanket and pb&j's for dinner at a friend's (finger foods are easier with kids...and there will be a lot of kids).
--I will also be making some banana nut breads to take to church Sunday morning for breakfast.

Good thing I don't mind hanging out in the kitchen...in fact, I really dig it!!

2 comments:

kittywhisprer said...

that was always a highlight for me at church retreats. visiting the horses.

i've discovered i like to cook (when i actually get around to it) but i usually snack so much while i cook that when it's done -i'm full and have to put it away for another day...

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

Cooking horses...that is just wrong! No Jack In the Box for me, thank you.

 
design by suckmylolly.com