Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Catch-up

We've been pretty busy lately. We had something just about every night last week and during the weekend. Although I enjoy keeping busy, I don't much like doing stuff on evenings during the week. Just like to come home from work, cook and spend time with the kid's...this week has been like that and that is good.


A couple weeks ago we started a reward chart for the kid's for picking up toys, dishes in sink, etc. for each sticker they receive a Chuck E. Cheese's token and at the end of the month we go spend our tokens.




Well Friday was our reward night and we had lots of fun at Chuck E. Cheese's. Jasmine took this picture of one of our friend's that met us there. I thought she did a pretty good job.



Our friend came and spent the evening at our house where the fun continued. The kid's played and played....


And occasionally stopped long enough to watch a few minutes of DADDY DAY CAMP



Saturday morning I went grocery shopping. While there one of my friend's met me there and I took her daughter home to play with Jasmine and Cash. It was a beautiful day and Joe had a great idea of digging the kites out of the closet. We had lots of fun and minimal incidients...only tangled sting for the two kites once and one run in with a tree.



At this point the string was let the whole way out and the wind was blowing well enough to keep it up without movement. So the girl's just chilled while holding the kite string.


Now Saturday evening was the highlight of the weekend for me. My mom won concert tickets off the radio waayyy back in November....a 4 pack....and she offered the extra two tickets to Joe & I. So Saturday night the kid's spent the night at Gramma's and Joe and I met Mom & John for Mexican food and then to see......


It was great. Music is such a major part of our lives. Especially worship music. Love love love it.

~~Speaking of - if you are in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and want to go to see Third Day and a Ranger Baseball Game for $7.50ea, let me know, I am buying a group of tickets for April 12~~

I also failed to mention while the kid's and I went to Chuck E. Cheese's on Friday, Joe was asked to be a fill in drummer for an Irish Band. He had a great time, drums is his passion. He also met with a group last week called Drummers for Jesus, I'm hoping he will get connected with some musicians cause he is really wanting to 'jam' with some guys on a regular basis--but it's been a challenge for him to find musicians on the same page spiritually. Anywhoo....

Sunday was AWANA and Share Shop night.....each week when the kid's say their Bible verses they receive a Share (paper money). Then they have the opportunity to take their money and buy fun stuff. The first Share Shop we did Jasmine ran in and spent all of her money right away, this time she was a little more cautious with what she purchased and spent lots of time making the her selections.

We have some new things we are working on at home that I am very excited about and can't wait to take pictures and blog on.....until then

(Good Bye)






3 comments:

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

Sounds like a great week so far. Brian plays in our band at church and I believe one of the drummers was in Drummers for Jesus, I will have to ask him what his name is and see if Joe knows him.

Casting Crowns --- awesome!

kittywhisprer said...

It's so great that something as simple as flying a kite can be so much fun rather than trying to plan some huge complicated activity.

Dad and I tried to make a kite once. Didn't work so well. Then he ruined my storebought one. I think he's bought me two since then out of guilt. He keeps forgetting and mentioning that he still owes me a kite.

Ladyornot.com said...

the reward chart worked wonders for my children.

 
design by suckmylolly.com