Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Busy Labor Day Weekend


We had a great weekend, how about YOU?
Friday Joe and I helped some friends move, so the kiddos had a sleepover with Gramma. They were sooo excited (I seem to remember feeling the same way when I was their age!).





Gramma has a cool Home Depot worktable that Cash really enjoys playing with.



Saturday after picking up the kid's I took some of their old toys and shoes and such to the resale shop and got $22! So excited about that. Saturday evening we went to a friend's house for dinner and Jasmine had her first tree climbing experience. Ah, this brought back so many memories of spending time at Gramma's and Papa's in the big tree in the front yard. Good Times!



Sunday after church Joe and I spent the afternoon cutting back the trees on our fence line. And, let me tell ya, I am still sore from that days work. Jasmine was so funny, she had one of Joe's shovels and was digging a hole. Occasionally she'd yell, 'Momma, you doing OK over there?' and would give me a 'Good job, Momma!' periodically as well.
Monday was, by far, my favorite. The kid's and I went to IKEA while Joe did more work outside the house. What a fabulous store. Jasmine got a new bed for her birthday, which I will post pictures of soon. Tonight is soccer practice, I'll let you know if she decides to participate this week or not.

3 comments:

Ladyornot.com said...

I love that tree picture

kittywhisprer said...

i don't know about you, but i could never get myself into a tree. always got stuck trying to follow shelly.

as for grandma memories - with grandma kotter anyway it was always tic-tacs, rubberbands (and tying the cupboard doors closed), E.T., the neighbor girl, and the scary neighbor dogs. Gotta miss those days. Oh, I also remember you showing us how to make biiig bubbles. I think that was at Chris & Alice's house. I thought that was so cool.

Anonymous said...

It was so much fun having the kideos. It seems like it was only yesterday that you were at my door to spend the time with me---------only thing different was you had a much bigger bag of stuff. Happy times. Love GRAM

 
design by suckmylolly.com