Thursday, September 20, 2007

Progress Reports and Funnies

Well, Jasmine is making progress. She is beginning to sit and do her worksheets in class and homework at home without someone constantly keeping on her. YIPPEE! But is still having issues of not sitting, listening and following directions at other times....and, of course, talking (I think she'd prefer to be in front of the class giving the directions than receiving them!).

We also received a note home yesterday saying she owed $5.00 in the cafeteria. I called to find out what she was purchasing since she takes her lunch and eats breakfast before going. When I got a hold of the cafeteria manager and gave the name I was inquiring about she said, 'Oh yes, Jasmine, I have a funny story' really, I'm shocked!!
She said the first time Jasmine came through she asked her name and she said 'Jasmine' when asked her last name she said 'Sweetheart' (for those of you who do not know, that is not our last name). The lady got the biggest kick out of that and told me how much she enjoyed Jasmine.

**I saw the below quips and thought they were fitting for what we are going through at the moment:

A little girl had just finished her first week of school. "I'm just wasting my time," she said to her mother. "I can't read, I can't write and they won't let me talk!"

On the first day of school, a first-grader handed his teacher a note from his mother. The note read, "The opinions expressed by this child are not necessarily those of his parents."

2 comments:

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

Too funny about Jasmine going through the lunch line. Keep your chin up it will get better. Just remember... when she is 15 and strong-willed, maybe she won't be so easily influenced by the "bad things" going on around her. We will keep praying

kittywhisprer said...

The lunch story is excellent for that graduation night when you're all telling cute Jasmine stories!

 
design by suckmylolly.com