Thursday, September 13, 2007

Trying Times

I know it's been a while since I've posted, just haven't been up to it lately. We have lots of 'stuff' going on right now, so please keep my family in your prayers.


Jasmine is having problems conforming to class rules in Kindergarten and we have our first parent-teacher meeting tomorrow. I love that she has a mind of her own and is confident in what she does, but also want her to be able to 'follow directions' when it's appropriate.




Last weekend was her first soccer game. The whole way there she was telling Joe and I how fast she was going to run and how she was going to kick the ball and we get there and nothing! There was still a game going on and I said 'Jasmine, look at those girls. You ready for your game.' She says, 'No, I'm not going to play today.' Not again! We did this last Fall season, we sat out the Spring season and she BEGGED to play soccer again this Fall. So her game starts and when it's time for line change she will not get on the field. At this point I'm done. It's hot and humid and I tell her if she doesn't play soccer, we are leaving. She refused to play - we packed up our chairs and left. Half way to the car she starts crying 'I will play, I will play'. People are staring and even had one lady ask if she was hurt. So embarrassing having a power struggle with your 5 year old in front of a few hundred people (at your church no less). Tuesday was soccer practice and she did great. Stayed out there the whole time, listened to the coach and made a new friend. Only issue was when they played a mock game by separating the girls -- Jasmine had the ball and was going great when another girl got it and started heading down the field. She stopped, folded her arms and pouted a bit in the middle of the field. She got over it pretty quick though. Hopefully this Saturday she will get out there and play during her game.
**please don't get me wrong, I would never make her play soccer and tell her she better enjoy it . Believe me, soccer wasn't my thing either -- I spent more time picking flowers on the field and kicking rocks than kicking the ball. But she begged to be able to play again this year and I feel like it is a waste of money and time for her to go to practice and games and just sit on the sidelines by me, drink Gatorade & not interact with any of the other girls**

She plays in a league through our church.

At each practice they take time for a devotional.



Joe is also looking for a new job. He has a history with commercial construction, so if anyone knows of anything -- please let us know.


_/ * \ _ / * \ _ / * \ _ / * \ _ / * \ _ / * \ _ / * \ _ / * \ _ / * \ _ / * \_


OK, on to happier subjects.


Today is Joe and my 10th first date anniversary! 10 years ago tonight my friend Phaedra and Joe's friend Jeremy decided to play matchmaker and invited each of us over to watch a movie -- and the rest, as they say is history! We've had lots of ups and downs -- good and trying times, but I feel we have come through them all for the better and our relationship is at it's strongest right now. This picture is from a wedding we went to Saturday, it's a little hazy but I love it.



Cash is sooo cute these days. Saturday we went to Once Upon A Child to sell some toys and it was the first weekend they had their Halloween costumes out. **one thing about Cash, he LOVES to dress up when Jasmine is playing dress-up - - but in boy stuff of course. His Superman costume from last year is completely worn out** I was finishing up at the front when he came running to me 'Momma, it's Batman' and he grabbed my finger and pulled me to the costumes. There was a brand new Batman (w/ the fake muscles) costume in his size for $10! Still marked $29.99 from the store. He was soooo excited. He will also randomly say, 'momma, know what', 'it's almost my birthday and I'm gonna have batman, superman, spiderman & joker!'. With that being said....I am in the process of planning his 3rd birthday party. It is the weekend before Halloween and we are having a Superhero-Costume-Birthday Party! I can't wait, he will be so excited to be able to wear his costume AT his birthday party.

Another fun thing, one of our favorite bands will be performing at the State Fair of Texas this year. Just in time for my birthday weekend - I can't wait for a few reasons....

1. Seeing Third Day perform live.

2. Go to the car buidling and see all the bright shiny new cars.

3. Fletcher's corny dog! YUM!


5 comments:

Ladyornot.com said...

I am so sorry to hear she is having such a hard time with school. There a lot of transitions going on with her. My daughter has been going to be at 7 every night. Its been difficult, but her behavior has greatly improved since we started that.

I will definitely keep you all in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for bringing us up to date on the 'going on's in your family. You are all in my prayers. School, work, games, and all that jazz. So happy "J" stayed on the field while she was suppose to=======today. love you !!!! Gram

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

Thanks for being so honest about sharing the bad times along with the good. Your family is in our prayers.

kittywhisprer said...

Tell Jasime that cousin Rika wants to see pictures of her playing soccer in a game!

kittywhisprer said...

oh heck, sorry. apparently cousin rika can't spell. *jasmine*

 
design by suckmylolly.com