Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Time Out....Please

I think I need a time out. Our summer has been so busy (which is how I like it) but occasionally I just want to stay home and chill. Stay in my PJs all day...clean a bit if I feel like it...watch some TV, which is something I usually don't take time to do. Well last Saturday was that day for me. On my planner I marked through it to ensure I didn't make plans. I was able to sleep until I woke up -- no alarm clock or kids dragging me out of bed. I made a yummy breakfast and after as were -- all four -- laying in our king size bed Joe says 'hey, let's go to a movie'. I'm thinking no, I wanna stay home ALL DAY and do nothing. Well, of course, the kids went into a frenzy and started getting dressed immediately. And since I like doing things with my family I eventually came around. So we went to the $1 movie (actually $1.25 now). After the movie we went back home after a quick Chick-Fil-A drive thru to use more FREE meal vouchers the kids earned through the reading program at the Library. And now I can feel the tension, I didn't get my free day at home full of nothing and I am irritable and tired and blah. Oh how I hate to feel blah! So I told Joe last night Saturday was all about me. Jasmine will be in California and him and Cash need to make plans. I'm going to my favorite Thrift, Goodwill and Resale Stores....and I can't wait. I know it's not a day of nothing at home, but thrifting brings me just as much joy!! I'm so excited.

And take a look at what Jasmine talked Cash into Saturday afternoon....

...Joe was not happy at this sight, not at all! I believe he waited less than 5 minutes before saying, 'Son, aren't you ready to take that dress off?'.

1 comments:

tiki_lady said...

love your dh! and your son looks so good in pink! What are big sisters for?? this will make some good black mail in his later years.

I love love thrifting and Good Will, I get such a thrill when I find a steal.

 
design by suckmylolly.com