Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Helping Hand

Is it suppose to be common knowledge how to change a windshield wiper blade?

I take pride in being able to do things on my own. As long as I have some directions to follow and my common knowledge there is usually no problem. That being said, yesterday it rained - hard. I get in my van and turn the windshield wipers on, much to my surprise as the wiper makes its way across the windshield there is a piece of rubber trailing behind the wiper. Not knowing where the nearest auto parts store is, I stop in a Wal*Mart that just happens to be next to the parking lot I'm in. I go in, get the new wiper and head to the van. The rain had subsided for the moment, which I was very thankful for. I look on the packaging and there are no instructions. OK, I pull out my owner's manual, no directive here either. OK. Guess I'm trying this on my own.... five minutes later, two more times checking the packaging and owner's manual, and a few men passing by and not offering to help (whatever happened to chivalry??) I surrender. I drove my van around to the automotive area, got out and asked the Wal*Mart mechanics who wanted to give me a hand changing a windshield wiper. A very nice man helped me and I was finally on my way with a crystal clear windshield.....then ran into rainy weather traffic..... Oh well, I'm listening to the LEFT BEHIND series in the van so I was good.

Here are some pictures from the past weeks:


Looks like it was nap time for Joker

Jammin' with Daddy

2 comments:

kittywhisprer said...

I tried - no, I didn't even try. I went straight to my dad last Spring with the new wipers in hand and asked him to 'show me how.' he didn't even know there were two sizes (fortunately shelly had told me) and ended up putting one on wrong before figuring it out. It was quite a process!

Ladyornot.com said...

LOL your story made me laugh. It sounds like an adventure.

 
design by suckmylolly.com