Thursday, August 16, 2007

Calm Before the Storm

I just thought we had been busy this summer.
Next week is Jasmine's birthday and the following week it all begins...

1). Jasmine starts Kindergarten
2). Soccer practice begins
3). Awana starts back up

She is very excited about all three, but most especially going back to school. We have to drive by her school everyday and all summer long she has said 'After my birthday, I'll be going to school there!'.

~I ordered her a cool backpack w/ her name embroidered on it that she picked out of a catalog. Now I am just hoping it gets here before her party Saturday. It was ordered on 7/24 and I called Monday to get status. They said it was shipped last Saturday.....so I'm keeping my fingers crossed~

* * * Prayer Request Update * * *
I've had some inquiries regarding my previous post for a friend's daughter having heart surgery. She did have the surgery and went home within a week. This Monday she went back for a check-up and there was fluid around the heart. They removed 1.5 liters of fluid and have kept her for monitoring the last few days.
So please continue to lift this family up in your prayers.
Thank you!

4 comments:

Ladyornot.com said...

I hope the backpack gets there in time!

Anonymous said...

Brittany is in my prayers. Be sure to remember the Benson family too in the loss of Roger. Really hope that backpack arrives in time. Love you so much. GRAM

kittywhisprer said...

I had a favorite lunchbox that I use to take... it was something like rainbow bright or my little pony. Wow, it was kindergarten for me. I remember eating the yucky sandwich just so that I'd be allowed to go play at recess.

How are attitudes holding up with the girl and her family? It makes a difference. I hope everyone is being cheery for her.

Ladyornot.com said...

I what school is she going to? my email is Rebeccalynn_dj@yahoo.com I was wondering but I know you probably won't want to post it. Baby girl is going to and it would be cool if you all were going to the same school. Not sure though where you live.

 
design by suckmylolly.com