Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Blessed!

See all the awesome goodies I received from friends and family this weekend.

  • Purple leather bound Women of Faith study Bible w/ my name engraved
  • MP3 w/ FM radio
  • Breaking Free Day by Day devotional Beth Moore (love her)
  • Flower arrangement
  • Cross necklace
  • Pretty lanyard to wear my work badge
  • And cash for shopping!  You know I'm going to my favorite Thrift Store first. 

I have to say, this year was the best birthday I've had in a very long time. 

Friday night lots of friends from our church small group met us at a restaurant in our a small town.  We had a party of 20 (9 adults and 11 children ranging from ages 2 - 12).  I really love this group of people.  This particular group has only been together since about June and we have all really come together and really enjoy hanging out with each other. 

Once everyone was done eating a couple of the ladies suggested we go to the coffee house.  So...all the men took the kiddos home and us girls went to a brand new coffee shop in town.  Due to it being Homecoming, the place was dead, we were the only ones there.  Which was awesome.  We staked claim to the couches and comfy chairs in the back and just talked and drank coffee (or in my case hot chocolate, cause coffee ain't my thang -- which is another blog entry all in itself).  All in all a great day! 

**Only downside -- Last year Jasmine had it engraved in her brain my age and would randomly throw it out there to strangers for no particular reason.  Well, now that she is in 1st grade she can add all by herself, and still feels the need to tell everyone how old I am.  Oh well, good thing I'm not bothered by my age.  Just another number as far as I'm concerned.**

 

1 comments:

kittywhisprer said...

Happy Birthday!

 
design by suckmylolly.com