Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Keepin Busy

Another weekend behind us and it was another great one.


Friday when I got home Joe had picked up the kids, cleaned the kitchen and made dinner...
I heart him!


Saturday we did not have anything until the evening so we spent our day chillaxing at home. I sat out on our porch swing and read a book while the kids played. I also made a dump cake for the evening and it was smelling up the house something good. While it was cooling Jasmine (at least that's what Joe told me--he may have been a little guilty too) decided to give it a taste test. After that I covered it up and took it to the van...and locked the doors (not a practice we generally exercise in the country)! BTW - it turned out REALLY good and is soo easy.

Here is the recipe...


Dump Cake


1 can cherry pie filling
1 can crushed pineapple
1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick margarine
1/2 stick butter


Dump cherry pie filling and crushed pineapple into baking dish. Stir together. Sprinkle cake mix over the top of the fruit. Slice margarine and butter and distribute over the surface of the cake mix. Bake this sacrilege at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.


Saturday evening we went to some friends house and had a total of 7 children there....it was LOUD! Below is a picture of the end of the night. We were all trying to round up our kids and they insisted the puzzle had to be put together before we could go. Catch is, I know I put the same state in at least five times. They just kept taking them off the board to prolong the process. Sneaky little suckers!




Sunday was great too, I will post about it with pictures tomorrow.

Outta time -- gotta go for today!!

1 comments:

Ladyornot.com said...

I make dump cake all the time. I make it with apple filling for those that hate charries. It really is yummy. It is my potluck pick!

 
design by suckmylolly.com