Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Calm Before the Storm

This weekend was a nice change of pace. The only thing we had going Saturday was taking a meal to a friend who just had a baby, which was easy enough since I had a lasagna in the freezer I had prepared a month or so ago just waiting to be eaten! ~~Aren't newborns the best...oh I just love loving on a newborn. This couple is in our small group from church and her family does not live in Texas, so I have deemed myself Aunt Laurie to little Micah.

Sunday after church one of our Sunday School teacher's sons came home with us and Joe and him jammed for a few hours. During this time I prepared two meals for later in the week...a Mexican Lasagna and Meatloaf Muffins (which are Joe's favorite). It was so nice last night to get home and put the meatloaf in the oven and the potatoes on the stove without messing with preparation. This is a Weight Watcher's recipe I got years ago (2 pts. per muffin), 'they are so tasty' (Cash's words) and easy...

Turkey Meatloaf Muffins

1 lb ground turkey
1 egg
½ package of stove top stuffing
½ tsp garlic
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup ketchup
¼ cup onion

Mix all ingredients. Spray muffin tin w/ cooking spray. Bake for 45 minutes @ 350
(approx. 10 muffins)

Our schedule is full again for awhile, so it was nice for a quiet weekend. Coming up we have:

--Small group cookout
--Concert in the park
--Jasmine's field day
--Trip to Grandpa's
--Memorial Day party
--Dr. Appt (please pray for me)
--Girl's night out
--Jasmine's K graduation
--Camping trip

That is just the forecast for the next two weeks, believe me, I could go on and on....

BTW - I LOVE the new warmer weather!!!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com