Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fall Festival...Cash's 3rd Birthday Party

This weekend was packed full for us. Friday Cash and I shopped for Birthday Party supplies during the day. He is growing into such a little man. We were at Wal*Mart and he informed me he wanted to walk. Thinking to myself *oh,no-this could get ugly* (for those of you who don't know, Cash runs EVERYWHERE) but was pleasantly surprised when he stayed with me the entire trip and I only found a few stray items in the basket while unloading. After Wal*Mart we headed to Party City, which was a nightmare. It just didn't compute until I couldn't find a parking splace that not only is it Cash's birthday weekend, but the weekend before Halloween and Party City is Halloween Headquarters. The back of the store was completely off limits so when needing to go to a different isle we either had to backup or turn the basket around and go back the way we came. After making our selections I found the line reached from one end of the store to another, and only then did I realize I forgot the pinata I couldn't find someone to help me get down. So while in line, as a worker passed, I snagged him and asked if he could bring me a Superman pinata - he came back w/ Strawberry Shortcake poor guy.

That evening was our Fall Festival at church. We didn't stay long due to the fact that the lines were averaging about 30-45 minutes each(from what we could tell)and for a 3 and 5 year old, that is just not happening at least not our kids. We stood in line for a pony ride for about 30 minutes before Jasmine decided the wait was not worth the end result and hopped out of line. Cash did play some of the toddler games and Jasmine lucked out on one of the bounce house slides and was 3rd in line.





Saturday was Cash's 3rd Birthday and his Party. We had a Superhero-Costume party and the kids had lots of fun. I made the below 'cake' (Jasmine kept correcting me that it was not a cake, but cupcakes). We also had a Superman pinata, which the kids thoroughly enjoyed and was fun watching them try to break into it.




Now Jasmine is one who LOVES to dress up, so this is all Cash knows. His Superman costume from last year was worn completely out-I'm talking seams busted and riding so high in the crotch it just could not be comfortable, yet he still wanted to wear it everyday. I am happy to say we should be good this next year. Not only does he have his Batman costume, but he also received a Prince Charming and a Darth Vader (which he totally digs).




I'll try to post a better Prince Charming later, this was all he was willing to give the other night .

I have a few other things to post, but figured this is enough for one entry.....Ciao

5 comments:

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

Happy birthday Cash!!! It looks like you had a great time.

Laurie, we are sorry we didn't make it over on Sat., it was a crazy day. There is a present waiting for Cash when we see you next.

Taylor said...

No problem, I'm just glad ya'll received the invitation. Had several say they never recieved it.

Ladyornot.com said...

It looks like you all had fun :) Yes we had fun at ours too.

I say great minds think alike. Dress up parties are so much fun!

kittywhisprer said...

lol @ strawberry shortcake! that vador costume is cute!

how is your dad doing with his snake bite?

Taylor said...

He is fine. Him, Sharon and Grandma came to the party. His foot is still swolen at the bite area, but it is not hurting him anymore.

 
design by suckmylolly.com