Monday, July 09, 2007

IT'S A SUNSHINE DAY

In true Brady Bunch enthusiam, this is what I was singing all weekend. The kid's got a kick out of it and learned a new song.

I think I'll go for a walk outside now,
The summer sun's calling my name,
I hear it now.
I just can't stay inside all day,
I've got to get out, gimme some of those rays.
Everybody's smiling (sunshine day),
Everybody's laughing (sunshine day),
Everybody seems so happy today, in the sunshine day.
Oooh. Can't you dig the sunshine?
Feel the sun and the rays.
Can't you hear it calling your name?

Oh, it's a sunshine day!!


We had lots of fun this weekend which started off w/ dinner and a movie at a friend's house and essentially a sleepover for Jasmine. She had a GREAT time and was especially excited to pick out what she wanted for breakfast - SOUP!

Saturday morning we picked her up on our way to the zoo where we had lots of fun. I believe the kid's favorite part was the stream in the Children's Zoo area. Here are the pics.


My boy's getting a closer look at the penguins


It was hot and humid, Jasmine took a moment to cool off in the Gorilla exhibit


Cooling off and wasting time until Meme and her troups showed up for lunch

(I don't think Aunt Heather plays fair, her splashes are WAY bigger than Jasmine's)


My monkey trying to get a better look at the monkey's


Lunchtime
(they've added a cool new picnic area we took full advantage of)


When you get these two together it is nothing but T-R-O-U-B-L-E!
This picture was taken after they had gotten ahold of a water bottle and started slinging water, anyone within a few feet got a little shower and the two of them were soaked
(but laughing hysterically!!)

Cousins!

We even spotted a few animals not in cages.
**this was not zoomed, I was actually this close to the squirrel and he didn't seem to mind**
I tiny Gecko roaming around in the reptile building




They were on a mission, headed to the Children's Zoo to get wet!!

Good Times!!


Got Crack??
Jasmine was having the same issue, but didn't stand still long enough for me to get a good shot.


Sunday after church we took the kid's to Cici's for pizza then home where we FINALLY were able to mow our land. Our soil is super-soft and there has to be a drying out period after raining before it can be mowed. Since it has rained for practically two months, we were in desperate need. ~~ And I only got the riding mower stuck twice ;) ~~

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com