Thursday, July 05, 2007

Family Fun Day & Fireworks-Take Two

Yesterday was a fun day. I've wanted to have a day for the family (Joe, the kids & myself) to do something for a while now. It seems we are always busy running in different directions and I thought we all needed to run the same direction for a day. Let me start by saying, this was not suppose to be that day. Joe was 'suppose' to go to work for half a day, but a flat tire and a couple other issues prevented that from happening. Soooo, the kids and I slept in (I believe I got up around 9am--that's right 9AM!). Had a quick breakfast and headed to see RATATOUILLE. From what I saw it was cute. A little over half way through Cash got a little antsy so Joe took him and they hung out at the video games for a while. Not too much longer and Joe came back saying he had a stinker (literally). So we swapped out and Joe sat w/ Jas while I took care of Cash's situation. After changing him in a bathroom not equipped for diaper changing, Joe and Jasmine come walking down the hall. She said she was tired of watching the movie and wanted to go home for a nap---WHAT, she hasn't taken a nap at home in over a year unless it was purely accident! Oh Well! We went outside and Jasmine dipped her toes in the fountain while Cash watched.




Finally, we headed home. During lunch one of Joe's friends called and asked if they could come shoot off some fireworks on our property. Sounds like fun. Then a little later one of my friend's called asking the same. So, we had a little impromptu fireworks show at our place last night. YIPPPEE!

Here are some pictures.

BTW-it rained at our house throughout the day, so there was no time for the Earth to soak up the rain before everyone came over, as a result everyone had a nice romp in the mud.


Please proceed....



The three amigos








At one point Jasmine informed me she needed to go change her jeans--I don't think so!
**If you click on the picture you will get a better idea of what we were facing. Her whole backside was covered from when she was running at one point in the evening**




Cash on a mission


**Notice Cash's jeans are wet up to his knees. When we first went out he was walking in the puddles looking back at me to see if I was going to get onto him and tell him to be careful. Once he realized it was OK, it was a free for all. Jumping, running, sitting--whatever he could do in the mud was FUN!!**





Does Jasmine look tired or what?!

**maybe she should have taken that nap**

Last night I stripped them on the porch and they made their way to the bathroom for baths in only panties and a diaper....if only I had gotten a picture of that!!

2 comments:

kittywhisprer said...

A fellow blogger! I actually use blogspot also (just started not long ago) but it's strictly for my cats (aka my kids). it's under the username kittywhisprer. I use xanga for regular blogging (http://www.xanga.com/countrykittn)

I love seeing the pictures. I keep picturing myself running around at grandma's whenever I see Jasmine.

-Marika (kotter)

Taylor said...

Hey girl~
Good to know you are visiting. I'll be sure to check out your blogs as well.

 
design by suckmylolly.com