Friday, May 11, 2007

2 Year Olds....Gotta Love 'Em

Yesterday Cash gave me the scare of my life. When we got home the kids were outside and wanted to pet the dog. So I run in to put my bags down and turn on the oven for dinner. As I go back outside I see the kids running down the driveway chasing the dog. **Mind you, we are in the country and our driveway is about an acre deep** I yell to the kids that is far enough and to come back towards the house. Jasmine yells 'OK, mama' and starts heading back. Cash, on the other hand, now thinks we are playing a game. So I start running his way since it didn't look like he had plans to turn around. As he is getting closer to the road, I am starting to panic and trying to run faster to get to him. **We are on a country road and most people are doing about 50mph**. I reach him just as he passes our fence line and before he reaches the road. I have NEVER ran so fast in my entire life. Never really enjoyed running and often wondered if faced in a situation where it was do or die how I would fare. I have to say I did pretty good. Once I reached him and grabbed his little hand to lead him back up the driveway all I wanted to do was yell, spank & lock him in the house so I don't have to go through that again. Instead we made that long walk back up the drive and I try to explain to him it is a BIG no-no to go to the road, all the while I have a death grip on his hand. They played w/ the dog a little more and jumped on the trampoline for a while and everything was hunky dory--but I do believe be scared a few years out of me today.

1 comments:

3 Men, 2 Ladies and a Hound said...

I am so sorry you had to have that experience! As a parent, you pray that he understood the magnituted of the situation and that it had an impact.

On a lighter note: you look really great for adding a couple of years:)

 
design by suckmylolly.com